25 Reasons You Might Be A Hardcore Graphic/Web Designer
I came up with this list of signs that you might be a hardcore designer. A lot of these signs can overlap other professions too. From my experience, the following list contains mostly truths, mixed in with a little humor.
- You’ve almost rear-ended the car in front of you because you were analyzing a font on a billboard.
- You get pissed when a free Photoshop brush you download is less than 1000px in size.
- You’d rather study the paisley pattern on your boyfriend/girlfriend’s shirt than listen to what he/she has to say.
- You can use keyboard shortcuts at light speed, blindfolded, but you can’t type a paragraph of text without staring at the keyboard.
- You’ve had “Software Nightmares,” when you’ve been working way too much.
- You consider meals interruptions.
- You’ve learned your lesson and stopped using the word “final” in any file name when saving.
- You clean your keyboard more often than you wash your car.
- You’ve intentionally given up trying to explain your projects to non-designers.
- You see CMYK and RGB like Neo sees the Matrix.
- You’d rather organize your desktop than your sock drawer.
- When you heard that Adobe was acquiring Macromedia, you had a Design Orgasm.
- When you look at Album art all you see are grunge Photoshop Brushes. (Then you see the album art a couple minutes later)
- You’ve Photoshopped out a watermark for a comp or mock-up.
- You’ve actually $paid for a font.
- You’ve totally slaughtered a great design concept because the client thinks he/she knows best. (everyone thinks they are a designer)
- The amount of words you’ve written with a sharpie labeling burned discs total more than the amount of words you’ve read in novels.
- You’ve had to explain to a client that a layered file wasn’t part of the deal.
- You’ve kept a ragged concert ticket just so you could scan it.
- You’ve nicknamed the OSX spinning wheel. (and not affectionately)
- You bookmark a resource more often than you have a fun night out on the town.
- You’ve intentionally overbid a project because you can sniff out a bad client from a mile away.
- You can’t go to a restaurant without secretly critiquing the menu design.
- You have an amazingly huge font collection, and an amazingly short temper.
- If you had a penny for every mouse click, you would have been a trillionaire 3 years ago.